- Nagoya – 28th October 2010 “It is clear that a more mature approach to global politics and our management of the ecosystems of the planet are required desperately.”
- Nagoya – 26th October “Every time I hear Dr Rogers talk, I want to rush home and start working”
- Nagoya – 25th October 2010
- Nagoya 24th October – “A war against the oceans is a war against ourselves”.
- Nagoya 22nd-23rd October 2010 – “We must save marine diversity for our children’s, children’s children”.
Monthly Archives: October 2010
Following breakfast we got on a coach to the conference centre with the parliamentarians from GLOBE international. My presentation was first. I described the goods and services provided by the oceans, everything from fish to eat to the recycling of … Continue reading
I woke at 03.00, one of the pitfalls of international travel being jet lag. By 04.00 I was working on talks for the rest of the meeting. After meeting the rest of the GLOBE Team at breakfast I returned to … Continue reading
Today was our first major presentation. We met in the Marriot Hotel, Nagoya to discuss the coral reef crisis. The group of legislators was quite small but important. We had representatives from The Peoples Representative Council of Indonesia, thew world’s … Continue reading
Nagoya 22nd-23rd October 2010 – “We must save marine diversity for our children’s, children’s children”.
We arrived in Japan and were immediately thrust into the crowded Japanese railway system. The train from Narita airport took about an hour. Then at Tokyo station, which occupies a building with about five floors, we caught a bullet train … Continue reading